Hire AWS Lambda Developer
AWS Lambda is a compute service that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda executes your code only when needed and scales automatically, from a few requests per day to thousands per second. You pay only for the compute time you consume - there is no charge when your code is not running.
Lambda is a 100% no operations, compute service which can run application code using AWS infrastructure. The service performs all the operational and administrative activities on your behalf, including capacity provisioning, monitoring fleet health, applying security patches to the underlying compute resources, deploying your code, running a web service front end, and monitoring and logging your code. Some could say this is so far no different from any other Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering, but there are some key differentiators comparing to traditional PaaS.
General Lambda use cases
- Operating serverless websites
- Log analysis on the fly
- Automated backups and everyday tasks
- Processing uploaded S3 objects
- Filtering and transforming data on the fly
What does AWS Lambda do?
Now that we’ve got a bit more clarity about what AWS Lambda is, we can discuss ways to use it. Here are some common needs:
- Application developers writing event-driven applications want seamless integration between their AWS-based applications.
- Streaming data from AWS services like Kinesis and Dynamo DB needs processing.
- AWS Lambda can be configured with external event timers to perform scheduled tasks.
- Logs generated by AWS services like S3, Kinesis, and dynamoDB can be dynamically audited and tracked.
It might be helpful to take these Lambda features into account as you decide if this service is right for your project:
- AWS Lambda works only within the AWS ecosystem.
- AWS Lambda can be configured with external event timers, and can therefore be used for scheduling.
- Lambda functions are stateless, so they can quickly scale.
- More than one Lambda function can be added to a single source.
- AWS Lambda is fast: it will execute your code within milliseconds.
- AWS Lambda manages all of the compute resources required for your function and also provides built-in logging and monitoring through CloudWatch.
Take advantage of our adaptable hiring plans and hire developers based on your business needs. We also provide customized packages for clients with different development specifications.